Waterproofing, drainage of the foundations
Is water seeping into your home? Is there mould? HG Foundation Repair will install a barrier and correct the drainage.
Symptoms & causes
- Collapsed or blocked French drain (weeping tiles)
- Standing water in the basement
- Damp foundation walls
- Efflorescence on the concrete (white powdery/hairy buildup)
- Water seeping in around the basement slab or pooling in low points of the basement
- Basement flooding during spring thaws and large rainstorms
- Health issues like allergies or breathing difficulties due to mould and high humidity in basement
Why do the work?
- Protect you from the harmful effects of aerial fungal spores
- Bring your building up to code
- Keep water away from the foundations, prolonging their life Provide a dry home
- Prevent further damage due to the existing nondraining soil around the foundations
- Give you peace of mind
- Restore the value of your property
- Excavate the non-draining soil
- Repair any damage found while we excavate and evaluate the foundations.
- Replace and install new weeping tiles (French drain)
- Install new service ports on the weeping tiles for future non-destructive investigations and cleaning
- Install a new interior catch basin to allow for an easy connection to the city drains
- Install a premium membrane (water barrier) or insulation on your foundations.
- Backfill with new clean draining fill material that will help to keep your foundations dry for years to come.
- Site grading (management of surface water), allowing surface water to run away from your home.
Take a look at our seasoned professionals using techniques and materials to prevent water from penetrating the property.